How Can I lock My Facebook Profile – Introduction
Facebook, being the world’s biggest social network, is not a particularly private site. Everyone has access to anything on the site, from images to names to more sensitive information like phone numbers. While the goal is to keep individuals in contact, the system has several serious privacy flaws. Such people may use a tool provided by Facebook to freeze their Facebook accounts. Strangers will not be able to access information about you if you lock your profile, which includes the About page, images, articles, and new postings on the calendar.
How Does a Facebook Profile Lock Work?
Profile lock is a new safety feature that Facebook has launched. Users may limit access to their profile to those who aren’t on their friends list using this function. Other users who are not on the user’s friends list will not be able to view the profile after it has been locked. They will also be unable to download their profile and cover photos. Users will not be able to view photographs or postings, according to the business.
They also have no access to the Stories that a user has added to his profile. Additionally, the Lock Profile function switches the status of previously shared posts from public to friends. The history and tag reviews are also activated. This implies that others must ask your permission before tagging you in their postings. Furthermore, just a fraction of their About information on their profile will be available to everyone.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Android and iPhone?
The Facebook Android and iOS apps make it simple to protect your profile from stalkers. Here’s how to lock your Facebook profile step by step:
- Start the Facebook app and choose “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in front of the ‘Add to Story’ box, press the three-dot menu.
- The ‘Lock Profile’ option may be found here. You’ll be directed to the Lock Profile page if you tap on it.
- To accept, tap the ‘Lock Your Profile’ button.
- Your Facebook profile has now been secured. You may also choose to unlock it by following the same methods outlined above.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile?
Facebook also provides you the option of unlocking your profile at any time. All you have to do is follow the instructions below:
- On your mobile device, go to the Facebook app, or go to facebook.com on your computer.
- To access the three-dot menu, go to your Profile area and click on the three-dot menu.
- Unlock Profile is an option you’ll discover there. When you click it, a pop-up message appears. Select Unlock Profile from the drop-down menu.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile on Desktop
Should use Facebook to lock your profile if you’re using a Windows, Mac, Linux, or Touchscreen computer.
- To do the same, simply start your device’s web browser and go to the Facebook website. Log in to your account on the site if you haven’t already.
- To access your profile page, select your name in the upper corner of Facebook.
- Select the three dots in the tabs row beside your name on the profile page.
- Select “Lock Profile” from the option that displays.
- A popup called “Lock Your Profile” will appear. Select “Lock Your Profile” from the drop-down menu.
What will happen if you lock your Facebook profile
After you’ve closed your profile, just a little information will be available to anyone who isn’t your friend. The content will still be visible to your friends.
- Any photos and posts you’ve made on your profile.
- They’ll be able to see the complete profile image or the cover photo.
- Friends will be able to see your stories.
- All latest posts and images will appear. Aside from that, any posts that users have previously posted publicly will be automatically changed to ‘Friends Only.
Users who lock their profile will have their personal evaluation and label review switched on. On their profile, just a limited piece of their About information will be displayed to all.
How to prevent tagging and commenting on your Facebook post
- Go over to Facebook and click on the upper right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu, then click Settings.
- Then, select Profile and Labeling in the left column.
- Look for the ‘Who may post on your profile?’ option.
- Then, in the right corner, choose the Options menu.
- Select the ‘Only Me’ choice from the menu bar. Your contacts will be able to leave comments on any content they see on your page, such as photographs in that they are labeled.
How to Unlock your Facebook profile
- You can unlock your profile using mobile phone and also desktop. The process will be exactly the same.
- Guests will see an Unlock Profile option where they previously saw a Lock Profile option.
- With the next page, click it and choose Unlock profile.
- You’ll be able to view details on how to unlock your profile. Just a dropdown of the page, there is also an option to Unlock Your Profile; just click on it, and your account will be unlocked.
Facebook also enables you to do it with your profile if you want to “unlock” anything in the past. If you wish to unlock your profile, follow the steps above and choose “unlock your profile” from the drop-down menu.
People may lock their Facebook profiles using a service offered by Facebook. If you lock your profile, outsiders will be unable to access data about you, including the About pages, photographs, stories, and new posts on the calendar.
Considering that the majority of users will lock their Facebook profiles, and based on the lack of security in today’s connected world, let us guide you into how to lock your Facebook profile and block cyber stalking.