If you are into E-Commerce or similar other field, video editing is one of the areas you would need to focus on. A great video helps you achieve the best conversion rates and ROI and thus finding the best free video editing software should be one of the prime options you need to give a thought to. This is where we plan to assist you with our list of the best free editing software options.
Best Free Video Editing Software in 2019
If you look at the scenario of the currently available free video editing software alternatives, they appear to be at par with most of the high end tools used by the professionals. Of course, most of these editors offer you a spin off paid version on payment of the requisite fees, but the free versions offer you most of the features that would be enough for you.
DaVinci Resolve is one of the best free video editing program, though it may be slightly lesser known. The software offers you a professional level of color correction and audio mastering. It comes with the most advanced features.
The interface is most intuitive and easy to use. In fact, the ability to master audio and apply color correction are the two features that make it a perfect option. It also lets you add 2D and 3D titles to your videos. While the tool is a professional quality option and offers high end features, you will find the free version suitable for most of your needs.
- An amazing color correction
- An intuitive user interface
- High degree audio mastering
- The features may be overwhelming for a normal user
- There are no proper tutorials available
Available for Windows, Mac and Linux, this is yet another powerful free video editing software. While the free version should be able to handle most of the tasks right away, the Pro variant is available at an affordable subscription of just $ 25 a month.
It provides you access to a high degree of video trimming functionality. One of the features we loved the most with this free video editing software is its ability to import almost all popular formats. It can output your videos directly to your YouTube or Vimeo profiles as well. The only major difference between the free and pro versions is the limitation on the output formats.
- An extremely powerful functionality
- It offers you a great deal of tutorial videos for understanding the software easily.
- It can be your all in one desktop video editor for all your editing needs
- 4K support available only with the Pro version
- It can be too advanced for those looking for a free video editor.
VSDC Free Video Editor
Available only on Windows, the VSDC Free Video Editor should be one of those prime options an amateur or an occasional user would look ahead to. Of course, once again it comes with a huge list of features and functions and thus can be a little overwhelming for the newbie users.
VSDC free video editor is one of the best full featured free video editor for Windows. However, the software comes with an easy to understand and learn option with which you should be able to master it soon enough. In fact, it even offers a wizard in assisting you achieving your targets. The free video editing for Windows helps you add a host of elements to your videos and that includes charts, animations, images, audio, and subtitles.
- Offers you plenty of advanced features not commonly found in the free video editors
- It offers you a straightforward and simple functionality.
- Support for multiple video formats.
- Technical support is not available for free
- The software is available for Windows alone.
Perhaps one of the longest standing free video editing software options, it can be used on Windows, Linux and Mac. In fact, it is one of the simple to follow software with an intuitive interface and easy to follow functionality.
Avidemux lets you perform a wide range of video editing functionalities and this includes simple editing, encoding and filtering. In fact, if you are looking to video editing as someone completely unaware of the technique, Avidemux is an excellent option for you. Of course, you would not be able to find the advanced features on the software. It is specifically designed for the sake of newbies.
- Extremely simple interface.
- Best suited for the newbies and those with no sound technical knowledge
- There are not many features available
A capable video editor that offers you the option of adding the extra add-ons as per your preferences, HitFilm Express is a great choice for almost all your video editing needs. The software is available on Windows and Mac.
One of the professional video editing software options in this list, it offers most of its basic functionality for free. You can go for the add-ons as per your preferences. Of course, if you a re a newbie, you may find it a little more advanced in terms of the functionality. However, we would consider it to be one of the most advanced free video editing software options you can find. The free variant should get most of your work done and coms with over 180 different special effects.
- It is indeed the truly professional quality free video editing software
- You can benefit from an exceptional community that assists in addressing your concerns.
- It provides access to 3D compositing
- Learning may take a while.
- May not be easy to work with on a desktop with limited resources
The Concluding Thoughts
Those were a few excellent free video editing software options you can check out. Of course, there are several other options as well, but we have made an attempt at listing the crème de la crème of the video editors that offer both functionality and ease of use.
Have you used any of these for your video editing needs? Share your thoughts with us through comments.