- 1 How To superscript in google docs – Introduction
- 2 What is superscript in google docs?
- 3 How to superscript in google docs – Method 1
- 4 How To superscript in google docs if your keyboard is not working
- 5 How To superscript in google docs – Using a special character chart
- 6 How To superscript in google docs – Shortcut method
- 7 How to superscript on spreadsheets
- 8 How to superscript & subscript in Gmail
- 9 Conclusion
How To superscript in google docs – Introduction
When you want to insert parentheses, quotation marks, or text into a word processor document in your computer, a quick way to do this is by pressing the “superscript” button. There is no way to do this on your keyboard in Apple products. But if you are using Google docs then it’s easy. Google doc is a great tool for anyone to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, slides, presentations, and drawings. In this blog, we will show you how to superscript in google docs. You can use it to add subscripts and superscripts, and you can create different styles for your text.
What is superscript in google docs?
Superscript is a type of typographical notation which is used to indicate that a letter or numeral is to be read with a raised font. It is commonly used in mathematics to indicate that a number is to be read as a power of a number, but it can also be used in other contexts to express a unit of measure or a number raised to another power. Google Docs uses superscripts for a variety of purposes. For example, superscript is used to indicate a footnote, and to indicate a superscript letter in a word.
How to superscript in google docs – Method 1
Clearly said, utilizing keyboard shortcuts is the simplest approach to creating superscripts in Google Docs. By pressing a few buttons, you can very much format the whole text. It’s arguably one of Google Docs’ greatest features.
Google Docs has a detailed list of keyboard shortcuts if you’re not acquainted with them. Here’s how to get it open:
- If you’re using Windows or Google OC, press CTRL + /. If you’re using a MAC laptop, use + / to go to the list.
- Locate the area titled “Text Formatting” after the list has shown.
- “Superscript” may be found by scrolling down.
- The shortcut may be found on the right-hand side.
- You may now try the shortcut on your keyboard after you’ve remembered it. Right-click you wish to superscript and hold CTRL +. at the same time if you’re using Windows or Google OC. MAC users should just hit +. on their keyboard until the desired letter is superscripted.
How To superscript in google docs if your keyboard is not working
If your keyboard is not responding, you may need to take some action. This typically indicates that your keyboard drivers are out of the current.
- If you’re using Windows 10, here’s how you can attempt to solve it:
- Select “Device Manager” from the drop-down menu.
- Expand “Keyboards” by clicking on it.
- Click on “Basic Keypad” to open a drop menu.
- Now just right-click on uninstall section.
- Restart your system by clicking on the agree button.
- Now further open the device manager of your system.
- Click on agree for the hardware changes option.
- Now drivers of your keywords will be automatically reinstalled.
- Restart your system and see if your keyword will start working properly.
- Reboot your system and attempt the superscript shortcut once again. If this doesn’t work, you’ll very certainly need to use Troubleshooter to figure out what went wrong.
How To superscript in google docs – Using a special character chart
The Google Docs special characters chart also includes a list of superscript and subscript characters to utilize. This chart might be handy if you wouldn’t find the proper keyboard shortcut to add a specific superscript or subscript character. Here’s how to get your hands on these characters.
- Select “Special characters” from the “Insert” option at the top of the page.
- To display the possible characters of a certain kind, put “superscript” or “subscript” into the search box.
- To use a symbol, just click it and the character will be inserted to the page. Alpha, beta, theta are some examples of the characters.
How To superscript in google docs – Shortcut method
When you have to insert superscripts into your Google Docs, the process takes a little bit of time. However, it is important to know how to properly insert one into your document.
- To do this, you’ll need to put your cursor in the text where you want to insert the superscript.
- From there, you’ll want to press the Tab key to move over to the Insert tab.
- Once you’re in the Insert tab, you’ll want to click the Superscript button to insert a superscript into your text. It’s that simple!
How to superscript on spreadsheets
We’ve previously discussed how superscript and subscript characters are often used. They are useful in a variety of fields, including arithmetic, biochemistry, and computer science.
With its handy Keyboard shortcuts, Google Docs has made adding subscripts to your text a breeze. In the case of Google Sheets, this capability is currently unavailable.
When and why we require superscript and subscript in Google Sheets, however, is another story. In their spreadsheets, many individuals must include fractions, percentages, and even celsius (°C). There are two methods for adding subscript or superscript characters to your Google Sheets. To begin, use Unicode Symbols:
- First of All open your web browser.
- On the search bar search for Unicode symbols and open any of the websites.
- On the search section type Superscript or “Subscript.
- Copy-paste the letter you require into your document.
How to superscript & subscript in Gmail
In Gmail, you can superscript or subscript text by typing the characters with a + or – sign in front of them. The letters with the + sign will be superscript, and the ones with the – sign will be subscript. To insert superscript and subscript text in Gmail, you can use the keyboard shortcuts Alt+Shift+S (for superscript) and Alt+Shift+D (for subscript).
When using google docs, you can use superscript formatting to add a secondary copy of a word. To properly format a word as a superscript, hold shift as you type the word. The wonderful Text Formatting features in Google Docs make adding subscripts and superscripts easy and straightforward. Keyboard shortcuts are a great complement to Google Docs’ existing user-friendly features. Understanding how to use superscripts in google docs is simple after following the above-mentioned steps. Just follow thoroughly.